Monday 11 January 2016

Ravilious Talk Dates 2016

Eric Ravilious, Cuckmere Haven, 1939, Towner
I've been doing a bit of planning for the year and can confirm some Ravilious lectures that I'll be giving over the next few months. If you haven't been to one of my talks before they tend to be fairly relaxed events, entertaining (I hope!) and illustrated with images as large and clear as I can make them.

In February I'll be giving a talk for the Art Fund in Bristol, followed by a hop across the Severn in early March to address the Welsh Contemporary Art Society. Just after Easter I'm heading to Wimborne (in Dorset) to give a lecture to the local NADFAS group, and then in May I'll be honing my navigation skills with talks at the Lexden Arts Festival in Suffolk and for NADFAS groups in Hereford and Appleby-in-Westmorland (Cumbria).

Last time I gave a talk to NADFAS in Hereford my train was stopped in its tracks by a landslide, although I did somehow arrive almost on time. I'm hoping nothing that dramatic happens this time around.

In June I'll be with NADFAS again, this time in North Yorkshire, the in early July I'm taking part in a symposium in Cambridge entitled 'Rural Moderns?' and devoted to the work of Ravilious, Bawden, Michael Rothenstein and other Bardfield artists.

You can find details in the sidebar, with links to the host organisation/venue where one is available.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello James, I can't find information about the 24th Feb talk in Bristol on the Art Fund web site but would very much like to book tickets - can you provide a link please? Thanks.

James Russell said...

Thanks Liz - the only info I have is what's in the sidebar, but I'm told that details should be posted on the Art Fund website soon - I'm afraid that's not very helpful but the best I can do!

James Russell said...

The information about the Art Fund talk in Bristol is here - http://www.artfund.org/what-to-see/events/2016/02/24/wednesday-lecture-series