Sunday 22 May 2022

ERIC RAVILIOUS: DRAWN TO WAR



The private view of the 2015 Ravilious exhibition at Dulwich Picture Gallery was a bit of a blur, but one moment that stuck in my mind was meeting Margy Kinmonth for the first time. I had really enjoyed her film about LS Lowry, and when she appeared out of the crowd that evening and said she was making a film about Ravilious I was intrigued.

Not long after that we met up and had a chat about the project, and since then we've kept in touch. As far as I can tell she has talked to everyone who has anything remotely helpful or interesting to say about Ravilious, and she has overcome innumerable obstacles to get her film made. After hearing so much about the film over so many years I can't quite believe I'm going to see it in a couple of weeks...

Eric Ravilious: Drawn to War is produced by Foxtrot Films and distributed in UK cinemas from 1 July by Dartmouth Films: find your local screening here!

 

No comments: